Ikea ospita il porto di Ravenna nei magazzini di Piacenza | Contship | English
27 November 2017

Ikea ospita il porto di Ravenna nei magazzini di Piacenza

Terminal Container Ravenna delegation visited Ikea’s warehouses in Piacenza, on November 21st.


The delegation was formed by TCR General Manager Milena Fico, Operations Manager Alessandro Battolini along with ITL, Logistics and Transport Institute of Emilia Romagna, with presidents Mario Petrosino and Daniela Mignani. TCR delegation was welcomed by Distribution Operation Manager Andrea Colzani, customs manager Milena Benzi and Acting Warehouse Manager Roberto Medici.

Piacenza is currently a distribution point for Italy (40% of Sales), for the east Mediterranean and for the Arabian Gulf/Arab Emirates area (remaining 60% of sales). The warehouse also receives supplies of materials, of which 67% is from Italy and other EU regions, and 33% from extra EU regions.

Storage capacity is shared among two warehouses which together have 400.000 m3 of storing space, covering a surface of almost 300.000 m2 .

Ravenna represents an important checkpoint for Ikea Italia, as it is a reference port for supplying the 11 markets which lie beyond the eastern Mediterranean sea. Connections between the warehouses and the terminal are supplied by “green” transport companies that run vehicles on LNG alternating them with intermodal connections (Dinazzano – Ravenna train).

Ikea Italia has always put particular attention on Ravenna; an export corridor is currently being developed, which will allow the Swedish company to improve customs procedures, with the aim of completely dematerializing them in the near future.

Similar articles

  • Terminal-Container-Ravenna-shooting-mini-series
    24 September 2020

    TCR is scene of the mini-series CONTRASTO, dedicated to the city of Ravenna

  • TCR-heavy-lift-transformers
    12 May 2020

    TCR lifts the challenge with two heavy lift transformers loaded in just 3 hours

  • Stories
    10 July 2019

    The “Mah Jong”: back to origins in Terminal Container Ravenna